Tuesday 4 February 2014

Sophie Calle - Take Care of Yourself

Take Care of Yourself by Sophie Calle 


is an amazing book that has inspired me a lot. It encouraged me to perhaps open up a bit and talk about myself. It does not have to be hidden. I admire Sophie Calles' ability to be so open, and spread the world such a personal experience.

I love an idea of the collaboration, especially the type of collaboration, the connection of all these women sharing their feelings when reading this letter of a goodbye. All women are so different, in their profession, personality, look, sense of humor, sensitivity, each of them provides such a different response. It becomes a kind of interpretation of a letter, and every singe of it is right, there is no wrong understanding, especially when you don't know the writer.

This is the narrative. The narrative in Sophie's and her ex's relationship, narrative in the letter, and narrative as a connection of all those women. It forms an amazing story in another way.

I also thought that the story I want to tell about myself, doesn't have to be true. Rather, it has got to be interesting itself, so me, the writer, and a reader would be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment