Tuesday 25 February 2014

Cropping Cropping Cropping

So, I have been busy working on my sketchbook. I decided to concentrate on cropping my images, and working specifically with those three of myself, me and a grandad and me and a grandma. I found that there is so much to be done with a single image. You crop it and immediately each piece becomes an individual image with its own meaning, own atmosphere own connotations. Having six pieces of the same image I added the text, and I experimented more and more, in order to find, how can a text change something what is changed already.

I had some great feedback and comments during the review session, and one of the was to look at John Hilliards' work as he did lots of image cropping too. Each decision has got to be conscious, and it is in my consciousness, I just need to work to get it out on the surface. So next - John Hilliard.

No comments:

Post a Comment