Monday 10 February 2014

Writing over the face

I found, that writing over the face is not as easy as it looks. Experimenting with the photographs of myself, writing over it, I kept trying to avoid my eyes, its almost really hard to write on top of them, like it would block the vision. I am still trying to find more reasons for it, it has become like a self analysis. It is also different when writing by hand and digitally. It feels differently and as much it looks differently. It is easy to do whatever with a digital version, perhaps because of knowing you can restore it, however for some reason even writing over a tenth copy of a photograph by hand, it becomes extremely hard. Looking at Shirin Neshats's work, I will try to explore different shapes of writing, again, on the face of my little self.

No comments:

Post a Comment